At Lube 3000 our oil change and lubrication service is more than just an oil change. We ensure your lube service takes care of all your vehicle’s major fluid levels and corrected if found to be low. Here is what we do:
- Change your oil with your brand of Motor Oil
- Install a NEW Oil Filter
- Lubricate the Entire Chassis
- Check & Fill Differential Fluid
- Check & Fill the Transmission Fluid&
- Check Fill Your Washer Fluid
- Check & Fill Power Steering Fluid
- Check & Fill Battery as Required
- Check Your Brake Fluid
- Check Your Wiper Blades
- Check Your Air Filter
- Check Your Breather Elements & PVC Valve
- Clean All Exterior Windows
- Vacuum the Interior
- Inflate Tires to Correct Pressure
Lube3000 is the only location in Gwinnett with a Two-Speed Idle (TSI) [dyno style] emission inspection station. – those older than 1997, a two-speed idle (TSI) test for vehicles, that can not be tested using ASM testing sequences.
Lube 3000 is certified under the Georgia Clean Vehicle and Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) Program. Georgia’s I/M program, known as Georgia’s Clean Air Force (GCAF), helps our area work towards attaining federal clean air standards.
We appreciate your interest in Georgia’s Clean Air Force, the state’s Enhanced Vehicle Emissions Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) Program. Through your participation there have been significant improvements to Georgia’s air quality since the program began in 1996. More than three million polluting vehicles have been identified and repaired. But there’s more to be done. GCAF remains committed to helping the region work toward better air quality.
For additional information, please explore this website or contact GCAF Assistance at 1.800.449.2471.
To quickly access waiver, extension and exemption applications, please select from the list below:
OUT OF AREA EXTENSIONS – I want to submit an application for a:
EXEMPTIONS – I want to submit an application for a:
REPAIR WAIVERS – I want to submit an application for a:
- If you need more information please visit the forms-and-program-info page at http://www.cleanairforce.com
Which vehicles have to be tested?
For 2017 vehicle registration, if your vehicle is a 1993 – 2014 model year gasoline-powered car or light-duty truck (8,500 pounds gross vehicle weight rating or less) registered in Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding or Rockdale County, it must be emissions tested.
The three most recent model year vehicles are exempt from emissions testing each year. For registration in 2018, this includes all 2015 and newer model year vehicles.
Additionally, vehicles that are 25 model years or older are exempt from emissions testing. This includes 1992 or older model year vehicles.
If you are late renewing your registration for your birthday in 2016, your vehicle will be tested according to the 2016 rules.
Things to remember:
- A vehicle’s model year is the year the vehicle was built as designated by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Certain exemptions and extensions may apply to your vehicle (see below).
- Motorcycles, recreational vehicles (RVs) and motor homes do not require emissions testing for registration.
- Diesel vehicles do not require emissions testing for registration
View the 2018 registration renewal insert for more details.
What types of exemptions and extensions are available?
Aside from Repair Waivers, you may qualify for certain extensions or exemptions from testing, such as:
- Senior Exemption – Seniors 65 years old or older whose vehicle meet certain additional requirements may be eligible for a Senior Exemption.
- Out-of Area-Extension– If you and your vehicle are temporarily located well outside of the metro Atlanta area because you are a student, in the military or have business obligations, you may qualify for an Out-of-Area Extension.
- Antique Collector Vehicles – Vehicles 25 model years old or older are exempt from emissions testing. For registration in 2016, this includes vehicle model years 1991 and older.
Do alternative fueled vehicles require an emissions inspection?
Dedicated alternative fueled vehicles are vehicles that can only operate on alternative fuel and are not capable of operating on gasoline. These vehicles do not require an emissions inspection.
The following vehicles are considered alternative fuel vehicles and do not require an emissions inspection:
- Dedicated vehicle types that operate only on:
- Natural Gas
- Battery Electricity
The following vehicles are not alternative fuel vehicles and therefore require an emissions inspection (Note: this is not a complete list):
- Ford Escape
- Honda Insight
- Honda Civic
- Honda Accord
- Lexus RX
- Mercury Mariner
- Toyota Highlander
- Toyota Prius
Author – Clean Air Force FAQ
At Lube 3000 we know a properly tuned engine delivers the best efficiency, the best power, and the best performance. Most modern vehicle engines can automatically compensate for small variations in tune, but nothing gets an engine purring like an engine tune up.
An engine tune from Lube 3000 ASE certified technicians will ensure your engine works at peak performance every time and delivers the best possible fuel economy.
Today’s engines are run by a computer which controls everything from how much gas is used to how much air is allowed into the engine. This means you now need specialist equipment to diagnose and eliminate faults. At Lube 3000 we have the latest diagnostic equipment and highly qualified and experienced technicians.
Depending on the condition of the car and manufacturer’s recommendations, a typical tune up will include some, or all of the following:
- Diagnosis of engine management computer
- Replace air and fuel filters
- Adjustment of ignition and idle timing
- Check and change spark plugs
- Evaluation and cleaning of fuel injectors Emissions check
- Maintenance inspection
Let Lube 3000 keep your engine humming with our Tune Up Service.
Is your car difficult to start? Is the check engine light on the dashboard? Do you have poor acceleration or loss of power? Do you hear knocking or misfiring? Does your car stall when the engine is hot or cold or at junctions? Does the engine continue to run after you turn the ignition off? Are you getting fewer miles per gallon?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to bring your car to our Lube 3000 as soon as possible. Lube 3000’s diagnostic and troubleshooting service will quickly get to the bottom of the problem, and provide an effective solution.
If your vehicle exhibits any of the following, bring it along to our auto repair center and we can take care of it for you.
- Your Check Engine light comes on
- ABS or other warning light comes on
- The engine idle is rough or there is excess vibration
- Engine rattles during acceleration
- The vehicle is difficult to start or restart
- You experience poor acceleration, hesitation, or loss of power
- Engine knocks, backfires or misfires while driving
- You notice a reduction in gas mileage
- Engine continues to stall while idling
- Engine runs even after you turn off the ignition off
- Vehicle emits too much smoke from the exhaust
Lube 3000 offers diagnostic, troubleshooting and maintenance services. It’s our goal to have you and your vehicle back on the road in the shortest time possible.
If you’re looking for a quality auto repair company in the Lawrenceville area Lube 3000 has you covered with our Certified Technicians. We are a full-service auto repair shop that performs preventive maintenance, servicing, and general repairs on all vehicle types.
With the best will in the world, nobody can prevent a car breakdown or component failure on a car. That’s why it’s important to react quickly to emergencies, and get our customers back on the road as quickly as possible.
Lube 3000 Auto Service offers:
- Excellent workmanship
- Fast, reliable service
- Quality parts stocked or available to order
- Guarantee of quality
- Fair and competitive pricing
- Certified technicians
If your car is having trouble starting, or you have a noise or leak coming from somewhere, let us put our years of experience to work for you. We can do it all. Let our certified technicians get you back where you belong, in your car and on the road.
Some of the repair services we offer include:
- Brake system repair
- Heating and cooling system service and repair
- Axle and CV joint diagnostics and repair
- Timing Belts
- Computer diagnostics
- Electrical systems including ignition and lights
- Engine performance diagnosis andrepair
- Engine maintenance
- Hose and belt replacement
- Air conditioning maintenance
- Water pumps
No matter what you drive, our qualified technicians can quickly diagnose and repair all kinds of problems, from minor issues to full engine rebuilds. No job is too large, or complicated for Lube 3000 Auto Service to handle.
You’ve heard of the phrase, “prevention is better than the cure” right? That could never be more true than with your car. The modern vehicle is a complex machine containing hundreds of moving parts that all depend on one another to work properly. When something fails, it can quickly lead to serious problems, and expense. With a regular preventive maintenance program, you can make sure your car is always on the road and ready for whatever the Georgia roads can throw at it.
The manufacturer’s recommended service interval is one such piece of maintenance. It is the ideal opportunity to have your vehicle inspected by an expert (our ASE Certified Technicians), who can spot problems before they arise. It also ensures you maintain the warranty and get the best out of your car or truck.
Lube 3000 Auto Service provides local drivers with a complete preventive maintenance service.
Other good preventive maintenance measures are:
- Oil and filter changes
- Safety inspection (vehicle safety and roadworthiness)
- Belt and hose check (timing, drive, serpentine belts)
- Filter renewal (cabin, oil, fuel filters)
- Tire inspection (rotation, tread, pressure, condition checks)
- Brake inspection (brake fluid, pad and disc condition)
- Fluid servicing (transmission fluid, coolant, radiator flush)
- Ignition system check (spark plugs, glow plugs, timing, tune)
- And many other inspections required at maintenance intervals
The specific items we inspect depends on the vehicles age, manufacturer, service schedule, and the type of driving you do. We will be happy to discuss specifics with you via the phone or when dropping off your car or truck.
Your vehicle’s scheduled service recommendations are printed in your owner’s manual. You can also stop by Lube 3000 and ask for your car’s manufacturer recommended maintenance schedule. We’ll be happy to discuss it with you.